Nanoparticle Characterization with Atomic Force Microscopy
Click to Submit Inquiries or Questions
Atomic Force Microscopy to Characterize Nanoparticles
Two Day Training Course
The Atomic Force Microscope (AFM) allows for 3D characterization of nanoparticles with sub-nanometer resolution. Nanoparticle characterization using Atomic Force Microscopy has a number of advantages over dynamic light scattering, electron microscopy and optical characterization methods. The AFM provides powerful information on size, distribution, and geometries of nanoparticles.
Some of the unique advantages of nanoparticle characterization with an AFM include:
- Characterization of nanoparticles that are .5nm and up.
- Nanoparticle mixture distributions below 30 nm.
- Characterization of variable geometry nanoparticles.
- Direct visualization of hydrated nanoparticles/liquid medium.
- Characterization of nanoparticle physical properties such as magnetic fields.
This two day AFMWorkshop course mixes lecture with labwork on atomic force microscopy operation specifically as it applies to characterizing nanoparticles. AFM hardware and software will be reviewed, with special emphasis on the imaging modes and image processing needed to study nanoparticles. We will utilize AFMs from AFMWorkshop to teach basic concepts and demonstrate AFM operation, however attendees with experience on any make of AFM instrument will find the labwork relevant and practical.
Topics to Be Covered:
- Overview of AFM operation and different modes Topography measurements on nanoparticles.
- Nanoscale resolution
- Overview of AFM hardware
- Overview of AFM software
- Imaging modes for nanoparticles
- Imaging artifacts and best practices
- Image processing for important measurements on nanoparticles
- Scanning standard and reference samples.
- Nanoparticle imaging and image processing.
- AFM calibration
Register or contact us for more information.
Class Size is limited to 10 Students
Get Sample Program
Interested in participating of our workshops but you are late? Please submit contact form to see what AFT Training Courses are available.